Yesterday we completed The Story! Congratulations! It would be great to hear how God spoke to each of you through this 31 week scriptural tour. What a blessing to share the journey with several other tour guides. Through the curriculum, this experience spanned the whole congregation and the outreach ministries enriching our continuity and breadth of Biblical instruction.
One thing struck me regarding the final chapter of The Story is the sense of completion and continuity between Genesis and Revelation. God desired fellowship from the beginning of creation and the final chapter is all about enjoying our relationship with God. Notice the sense of pride in heaven towards the Church; “come, I will show you the bride, the wife of the Lamb” (Rev. 21:9). May we continue to be OPEN to whatever our Lord has for us in the coming days.
Prayer and Praise:
- Fundraiser and congregational meeting this Sunday — After the service we will have a fundraiser lunch for C23 camp along with a congregational information meeting. The staff of TRC is excited to share a summary of some of the things God has been doing in and through The Rock Church. Consider bringing extra cash to invite newcomers to stay for pizza and baking! Bryanna would appreciate any baking that people would like to donate for this event. Thanks for your participation in advance!
- This week Bibleville is cancelled for leader training and Abuse Prevention Refresher training. Please pray for all who are involved.
- Saturday Service is cancelled on June 1, 2019 so C23 youth can go see the movie “Breakthrough”. Pray that Christ will break through to their hearts and minds.
- “Conversations for our Spiritual Journey Homeward” – This is the title of the series (for the next quarter June-August) on Psalms which starts this Sunday, June 2 with Amy Soubolsky sharing a message from Psalm 27 (the most popular prayer of lament).
- HERstory – Next Tuesday, June 4. We have a better understanding of our capacity for a single event (245ish).
Karen Campbell will be sharing on God’s faithfulness through the years of responding to God’s calling to be a disciple, mother, pastor’s wife and missionary. Thanks for your prayers! Please submit your registration by this Friday, May 31 to guarantee a spot.
- Camp – The highlight for our outreach ministries:
- a) Bibleville (ages 6-10) July 15-19
- b) Shift (ages 11-13) July 22-26
- c) C23 (ages 14-18) July 29-August 3 in Montana
– Pray for the planning and training, campers, staff & volunteers
– Volunteers – consider being involved this summer. We need kitchen help, dorm leaders, life-guard, camp nurse, etc. Sign-up with Hanna Thomas-Swain.
- Board Meeting – meeting next week. Your prayers for the board of Elders are greatly appreciated.