Thank you for the opportunity to lead this church during the Beutler family Sabbatical. Now that they are back in country it feels like we are in the home stretch before we transition back to a new normal. Pray for their adjustments to this time zone and to life here in Canada.
These past several months has afforded us a chance to practice the graces which Christ has distributed to all of us so that “the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ” (Eph. 4:12, 13). What a blessing to witness this truth played out in the Rock at so many levels and as a whole! God blesses and causes healthy growth as we each do our part in practicing love and unity.
Prayer and Praise:
- Following The Story — Congratulations! On Sunday, May 26 we will have completed the 31 week summary of God’s story! Thanks to Boyd Hopkins and all the other speakers from our congregation. In the next quarter we will have a series on the Psalms which we are calling “Conversations for our Spiritual Journey Homeward”.
- Congregational Meeting — As a staff we would like to share a summary of some of the things God has been doing in and through The Rock Church. Save the date of June 2. Amy Soubolsky will be sharing a message from Psalm 27 (the most popular prayer of lament). After the service we will have a fundraiser lunch for C23 Montana camp along with a congregational information meeting (Yes, you can ask a few questions!).
- Camp — The highlight for each of our outreach ministries:
i. Bibleville (ages 6-10) July 15-19
ii. Shift (ages 11-13) July 22-26
iii. C23 (ages 14-18) July 29- August 3
- Pray for the planning and training, campers, staff and volunteers.
- Volunteers – consider being involved this summer
We need kitchen help, dorm leaders, life-guard, camp nurse, etc.
Sign up with Hanna Thomas-Swain.
- HERstory — We have a better understanding of our limits for a single event (245ish).
a. Louise Hajlasz shared how God has been faithfully working in her life. Thanks to all the volunteers who made this event happen. Great to see how well the team of volunteers has operated under Bryanna’s leadership these past several months.
- Pray for Clarence (a newcomer) as his mom, Mennen, passed away shortly before Mother’s Day. The funeral is this coming week in Toronto.