Dear Faithful Friends,
“Oh, the joys of those who are kind to the poor! The Lord rescues them when they are in trouble.” Psalm 41:1 NLT
Our camp season has come to an end. We have had a great summer and are so grateful that Jesus has met with to show His love to many children and youth. Thank you for partnering with us… whether in prayer, finances or serving… You have been kind to the poor!
Who are the poor?… It is not just those who suffer with less financial prosperity but can affect any and all aspects of our lives…poor relationships, poor dreams, poor mental or physical health and poor realities. You have been kind in how you have helped give and share opportunities for many children and youth to not just have a fun experience but a God experience. May the Lord bless and rescue you in times of trouble!
Thank you for praying for US last week as C23 youth camp went to Montana!!
We asked you to pray for unity and spiritual growth and felt like that was indeed experienced.
A few highlights…
1) Youth’s expressions… some of our youth have never been outside Saskatchewan. We literally saw faces light up as many for the first time saw the beauty of the mountains, raft down a river, or eat Krispy Kreme donuts!
2) Youth’s Relationships... there was a deepening connection among the group themselves and with their leaders. However, every youth made a new friend and talked with other youth from different provinces and states… that is confidence building!
3) Youth’s Spirituality… each one of our youth is at a different place in their journey. It was great for each to have a moment to experience God and for them to see that He sees them and loves them. There were great worship times, speakers, and cabin devotions that the youth engaged in.
As we enter the mid-point of summer…please note and pray for-
1) Ministry in August – There is no regular programming in August as the team recuperates but there will be follow up connections and fall planning happening. Please pray for creativity and wisdom.
2) Camp Follow up – please pray for good connections with the children and families as we endeavor to meet up with and encourage each one with Jesus’ love.
3) Volunteer Help – the children and youth are privileged to experience the love of Jesus through the hands and feet of our serving volunteers. We are so grateful for all who have served, past and present. Would you pray that the Lord will continue to provide for the future… and maybe even consider serving as well?
4) Upcoming HERstory – there is no event for the month of August. The next night is Tuesday September 3rd with Leah Beutler speaking. Registration opens August 15. We pray the Lord will continue to minister and bless through this next season of HERstory.
5) Needed Finances – will you pray for the finances of this outreach ministry. We are so grateful that the camps were fully sponsored. There is still need to catch up for 2019 and be ready for this fall. If you would like to give to the ongoing work of this ministry please visit www.trcyxe.ca, e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org, or click this link.
Thank you for joining us in camp this summer and in the rest of 2019!
May the Lord bless you with joy and strength,
Pastor Dallas on behalf of the TRC camp team