“You have said, “Seek my face.” My heart says to you, “Your face, Lord, do I seek.” Psalm 27:8
Happy New Year to you and your family as you embark on 2020. We are so thankful to be able to journey and share life with so many people, children, youth and partners in Saskatoon through the life of TRC. We trust that this year, no matter what comes, we will find each other to be enjoying the Lord and following Him more closely as we understand further that Jesus, Himself, is our reward. There is no greater joy than to know Him and walk with Him in this life!
May our hearts be like the Psalmist who was able to say that he was seeking the Lord and may our lives be a reflection of Him to the world around us this year!
Thank you to everyone who shared testimonies and stories to encourage us all on Sunday!
A few New Year’s Notes…
1) Special Speaker this weekend Jan.4 and Jan. 5…Dennis Heppner from Alberta. You can find him online at www.dennisheppner.com.
Pastor Dennis was my pastor as a child until I was in Grade 1:) He went on to be a missionary and church leader that trains and raises up other church leaders, particularly in North America and Asia. His enthusiasm and love for Jesus is contagious and you will be blessed by his ministry this weekend! Please be praying for this time.
Leadership Team Ministry Seminar – Saturday 9:45 – 3:00PM… If you are interested in joining us, please email admin@trcyxe or call the church office – 306-975-7197
Sunday Service – Coffee @ 10:30 and Service @ 11 AM... Pastor Dennis will be speaking
2) HERstory Tuesday January 7 @ 6:30 pm… Set up will be at 9:30 am on Monday. Gentlemen, we very much appreciate your support on Tuesday evenings with parking, kitchen, and clean up. If you have yet to be involved but would like to be, please let us know and come out at 6 pm on Tuesday!
3) BELIEVE series... Our “Believe” Sermon and Life Group Series will begin again in February. Bibleville, Shift, and C23 do not have their regular programs in January but do house visits and other contacts as well as spend time preparing for the next season.
4) January at TRC... In January we will have a variety of messages meant to prepare us for the year ahead. We will also have a few special focuses that we can share in as a whole congregation in order to begin the year.
– One focus during January: Prayer and Fasting from Sunday Jan 12 – Saturday Jan 18. We encourage you to pray and ask what the Lord may have you stop and break from for the week. Maybe it is a food fast (there are different types of these), media fast, coffee fast, or something else. Our goal is to interrupt our comfort zone and lifestyle to remember our need for Him and to go to him more often. During this week we will hold a few different prayer meetings to emphasize different areas… i.e) prayer for salvation for loved ones; prayer for healing; prayer for direction. More information coming.,,
Leah and I and our family our very grateful to be called to TRC and are looking forward to what God is doing this year!
May the Lord bless and keep you on the path He has for you!
The Rock Church
Saskatoon SK S7M 1V1